My OPINION on this:
- McCrystall is too important to the current effort to fire him outright.
- McCrystal does need to be put in his place in relation to the Constitutional control of the military by a Civilian leader.
- President Obama needs to take clear and decisive action that is in line with military discipline and tradition.
- Both parties have too much important work to focus on instead of this bullshit.
- Gen McCrystal should get at least an Article 15 signed by the President.
- He should be allowed to continue his mission until the normal time of his replacement (goal of July 2011 I think).
- When he retires, he should get a censure and be reduced in grade.
- All this needs to be public and well choreographed for the media fucktwats that think this is important.