What I can't understand is that this gawd idiot can only make earthquakes happen where there is a natural mechanism for said earthquakes... And what is with this asshole's aim? He wipes out a bunch of people, to include children, and even a few of his own followers for good measure. But then a place like Mecca has stood unmolested since it was set up. Or the pedophiles of the world seem to walk around without any divine retribution (especially the institution that systematically raped children and protected the priests...). Or what about the Haiti quake? 96% of that country is godbotherers, yet they get taken out (again, by an earthquake that only happened at an already naturally occurring fault). This has nothing to do with how people act or behave. Nor does it have anything to do with some petty, angry, sociopathic lunatic in the sky. Earthquakes happen all the time. Any pattern or connection is all in your head...
And as the Scientific American article mention, these people are just looking for signs to prop up their weak and paltry belief system. They will of course cherrypick with the best of them. I bet anyone could do it.
Christianity takes root in Jerusalem = the Romans sack Jerusalem
Christianity takes root in the roman empire = The roman emperors go mad and the Vesuvius erupts
Christianity is repressed = the roman empire flourishes
Christianity becomes the state religion = Plagues, famines and instability destroy the roman empire
Christianity conquers Europe = Plague after plague ravages the continent
Europe becomes more secular and turns towards antiquity = Europe conquers the world
King james bible is written = great plague and great fire of London follow within a few decades.
The puritans leave britain = Britain becomes the biggest empire of the world
The USA leaves its religious roots behind = The USA trumps the british empire
The religious right becomes more vocal in the USA = Mount st Helens erupts
The religious right becomes even more influential = The economy collapses and massive hurricanes hit the country
Clearly this is an indication that a higher power exists and punishes nations that allow christians to gain the upper hand.
Well that, or I'm cherrypicking data and fitting that to what I want to show.
Oh, just thought of another one: Gawd so loved Islam that he put the Islamic people on top of the land with the most critical natural resources -- oil. Gawd wants all christian people to bow down to Islam and be dependent on the holy oil that he gave the Arabs control of.
See it's easy...
Just do me a favour. Instead of looking for a meaning, or even praying for anyone, go to a charity site and donate money. Here is part of the list from NBC News:
- The American Red Cross. Using your cell phone, you can text-message donations of $10 to the agency. Text the letters REDCROSS to 90999 to make the $10 donation, or visit the organization's website.
- The International Medical Corps is putting together relief teams, as well as supplies. The organization is in "contact with partners in Japan and other affected countries to assess needs and coordinate our activities,” said Nancy Aossey, IMC president, on its website. You can donate here. Or, you can text MED to 80888 to donate $10 to emergency relief efforts.
- Doctors Without Borders, an international group, already has teams working in Japan. The groups notes it is "drawing on unrestricted donations" given to it to fund its efforts, and "we are not accepting donations specifically earmarked for the recovery efforts in Japan. We greatly appreciate your generosity and encourage your support of our work. We will continue to post updates on our homepage, Facebook and Twitter as new information becomes available." To donate, call 1-888-392-0392.
- Habitat for Humanity; donations accepted at website, or phone donations can be made by calling 1-800-HABITAT.
- The U.S. Fund for UNICEF is raising funds to help children in Japan. Donations accepted at website, or by calling 1-800-367-5437.
- AmeriCares has dispatched a disaster relief expert to the region to assess the health care needs and is prepared to send medicines, medical supplies and humanitarian aid as necessary. Phone number for donations: 203-658-9500.
- International Rescue Committee, based in New York; Phone donations to: 1-877-733-8433. The organization is "dispatching IRC relief experts from our Thailand program to Japan to see how we can assist Japanese authorities in responding to the earthquake/tsunami disaster. We recognize Japan’s significant emergency response expertise, but will offer direct technical assistance and other emergency support."
- Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation, based in San Dimas, Calif., "has activated its Disaster Coordination Center in Tokyo ... Right now, Tzu Chi offices in Tokyo and Osaka, Japan sustained minor damages," but the two offices are open as service centers. To donate by phone, call 1-888-989-8244.