My Actual Homepage - Go here for more info.


I plan to put a graphical banner here eventually...

29 January 2012

Mesmerizing loops of magnetism on the Sun ... and a flare

Who knew that the Bad Astronomer had a YouTube channel all to himself?  Well, I did (I am stalking him after all).  So today he posted a video of some solar flares that were simply mesmerizing.  As always, watch this in full screen, and in HD for the full effect.  Awesome visuals with education, who could ask for more?  Also, since so many folks are talking about the aurora and the effects of these solar eruptions, I figured this was topical.

Keep in mind, these flares are shooting off into space, and will not have any effect on earth right now.  However, should one be pointed at us, be prepared for a light show.



He explains everything at his blog post if you are curios for more information.

No comments: