Well, given that some of the folks reading (that I really didn't suspect were actually reading) are theists, maybe I shouldn't outright insult them that much. Now, I don't want to accommodate them in any way, however I may need to be a little less abrasive. So she did give me a new years resolution to go for, which is to be less of a dick to theists.
I will do my best to be less of a dick, however I have some caveats and addendums to that...
- Disagreement is not an attack. All too often, a theists will play the victim card just because someone doesn't agree with them. That's bullshit and a total coward act. If you pull that, the gloves come off.
- If you actually believe the literal word of the bible, think the world is about 6,000 years old, and all that associated baggage, I have to attack that. Those bronze age fables are so wrong in so many ways that you are living in a fantasy. In a society where we DNA sequencing, spacecraft, electron microscopes, computers, aircraft, etc. having those sort of delusions are nearly criminal. I cannot abide or coddle that sort of insanity. Sorry.
- An idea, no matter whose it is, does not merit automatic respect. This applies to atheists as well as theists. What matters is the evidential support that the idea can bring forth. If you get upset because your precious idea doesn't have any evidence, then think instead of being stuck on it.
- Understand what the word evidence means! A personal experience, while real to you, in your brain, isn't proof. Generally, I find that what most people experience is easy to explain via numerous natural phenomenon that they are totally unaware of. Remember, an extraordinary claim will require extraordinary evidence.
- When I link to someone else's article, those are their words, not mine. Try to keep up!
Does this sound like a fair resolution to carry forward?